Friday, September 8, 2017

A GREAT FIRST WEEK!

Dear Parents and Guardians,

This was a wonderful first week for me! I hope your child feels the same way. A few things to point out of which your child is already aware. In my classroom children are allowed to chew sugarless gum whenever they want. The reason is because there have been studies which prove that chewing gum helps to focus the mind so that one can attend to the task. So, if you are in agreement, feel free to pick up a pack of gum for your child. In addition,  in my classroom children are allowed to eat healthy food whenever they want. This means that we do not have an actual snack time which also means that snack time does not cut into our learning time. This also means that your little darling may be eating all of their food prior to lunch time so you may want to pack a bit more, such as an extra fruit or veggie or granola bar. On Sunday evening I will be posting homework for the week. Please encourage your child to check the blog each night to ensure they have done their homework. I have included the blog address on the magnetic business card which I sent home this week. I look forward to meeting all of you and I am super excited to be working with this specific group of children!

Sincerely,
Patricia Mackinnon OCT

No comments:

Post a Comment